Friday, September 12, 2014

Mini Magazine holder with folders !

Hi friends,
Today, I have a mini magazine holder to share. There are lot of different versions of these magazine holders/ card holders all over the internet and, I have followed a tutorial from one such source from HERE. Here's a look at the way I have embellished my magazine holder once the base was made :


 This is the magazine holder :

I created a few folders with pockets so that I could store all my small dies in it. The base of the  folders are recycled from cereal boxes to give it a sturdy base. 


To make these folders, I cut apart a cereal box and used the central panel of the box to make my folder by scoring it in the middle and folding it like a card base. Check the picture below :

I have decorated the magazine holder with DCWV Fresh Florals pattern paper stack, assorted Washi tapes and my handmade flowers using dies.

Supplies used :
Pattern papersDCWV Fresh Florals pattern paper stack, K &Company papers.
Dies : Cheery Lynn French Pastry doliy die, Cheery Lynn Olive branches die, Cheery Lynn Embellishment #3 die, Spellbinders Rose Creations die, Spellbinders Floral Flourishes die, Memory Box/ Simon Says Hexagons die.
Punches : Punch Bunch 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch, Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Butterfly punch.
Kaisercraft Butterflies stamp set.
Inks : Distress inks - Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers, Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.
Washi tapes, Modelling paste, Retro flower punch, Lindy's Stamp Gang Curiouser Chartreuse Flat Fabio mist.

Challenges entered :
Cheery Lynn - All about texture
Imaginations- Embossing ( I have used modelling paste on my first  folder and have done dry embossing on my flowers)
City Crafter Challenges- Butterflies ( I have added them on my file holders )
Craft Room - Something old, something new ( I have used my new SSS Hexagons die and the Cheery Lynn doily die, old is pattern papers which I've been hoarding and also my Washi tapes which are atleast 2 years old. ) ( Made it to Top 3 )
We Do Dobadoo - Something feminine ( I created this holder for my crafty desk ).

Hope you all like my project. Do leave me your comments. Would love to hear from you.
Have a nice day everyone.

25 comments:

  1. What an absolutely awesome mini folders with a handcrafted file!! Wow Hussena! Love your choice of colors and you placement of dies! And what do I say your handmade flowers are always a delight to the eyes...
    Thanks for sharing the tutorial page with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this Hussena So Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the colors you used to make this gorgeous beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hussena, these are so pretty and must look beautiful sitting in your craft room. Great storage solution.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all absolutely stunning!! The magazine holder looks amazing and the file folders are beautiful!! You decorated everything perfectly!! Love these!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project; this would make a fabulous gift. Love the bright colors and your beautiful flowers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just noticed you entered the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge with this project Hussena, so good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. always love your flower arrangements... Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I love all your work. Thanks for playing along the cheery lynn challenge. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ur flowers are always a treat... u manage to do it differently each time. Love ur use of washis.
    I tried to make one of these as a pamphlet holder, but it doesnt take the weight and keeps falling off. Any tips on dat pls?
    And thanks a ton for dos links Hussena.... its going to be life saver. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fresh colors ..makes one Happy !I loved the pps and washi combo on the folders and Gorgeous blooms !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project Hussena!!! Love the pretty colors and all the details. Thanks for sharing the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your file holder and the stunning folder pockets they are so pretty and feminine. Thank you for making and sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, I am loving all these projects to do that recycle our boxes, great storage idea for your dies too, such a lovely way to store things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful projects!! Your butterfly is stunning!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. just beautiful !!! love the colours, and practical too! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hussena What a lice little gift idea. The doilies, flowers and floureshes really dress it up nicely. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a stunning project. Fab design and details, so practical too. Thank You for joining in with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight
    HUgs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is amazing!! So much beautiful layering and those colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! What a fabulous project! It's soooooo pretty and useful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic colours and love the folders.Brilliant idea.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, Gorgeous Piece of Art!!
    Your blog is amazing :)
    Thanks for participating in our giveaway :)
    We will be posting your entry on our page soon!!
    Hope to listen more from you.

    Kudos..

    Happy Crafting :)

    ReplyDelete