Thursday, November 19, 2015

Best Mom in the world !!

Hello friends,
I have a card to share with you all today which I have created for this time's Altenew challenge From The Craft Room. I was really inspired by the colors and the various elements in the inspiration picture and wanted to capture it in my card. Here's a look at my card first :



And here'a look at the inspiration picture :

I really loved the color scheme of Navy and coral and so I inked up a piece of water color cardstock with distress inks Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire. 
Then, I stamped and white heat embossed the Wild Hibiscus flowers and leaves on a kraft cardstock and colored it using watercolor pencils. First, I laid down a layer of white and then added peach color on top and blended it with a waterbrush, then fussy cut the flowers and leaves and popped them on foam dots.The glittered chevron are die cut using a slate grey Glitter Washi tape.

I wanted to incorporate both the chevron design as well as the glitter of the envelope in my card and these die cut chevron fitted the bill perfectly :)To incorporate the kraft cardstock from the picture I cut a thin piece from the Kraft paper and added it to the side of my card.
I heat embossed the sentiment from the Wild Hibiscus set on a white cardstock using the Ranger Platinum embossing powder and also inked it using Chipped Sapphire Distress ink, then spattered some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Coral color on the top to finish my card.

Hope you like my card. Do leave me your feedback I love hearing from you! :)
Have a nice day everyone !!

15 comments:

  1. Your card is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful background and the pretty flowers!! The colors are so fabulous!! Awesome take on the inspiration photo!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card hussena...love the color combo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Gorgeous..Loved the way you have used colors n glitter from the inspiration pic on your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Hussena...those chevrons look perfect with navy blue and coral...your card is really gorgeous! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Hussena! Love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...its gorgeous ..u just nailed down the theme ...beautifulbeautifully incorporated everything !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!...Love the way u have interpreted the inspiration pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these colors together, gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, now that's called beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Hussena! Loved the dark yet subtle background! You have done wonders with the inspiration picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the Altenew November Challenge win!

    ReplyDelete