Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Congrats | Card

Hello, everyone!
I have a card to share today which I created for the Altenew A Year in Review Challenge. I am slowly getting my mojo back and decided to create a card for the challenge. Here's a look at what I created :


You can see the gray stenciling more closely here.


To create my card, I first die-cut a card panel using one of my Gina Marie Designs die. I then stenciled on the panel using the Heidi Swapp Square Lattice stencil using Hickory Smoke Distress ink.
Then, I started to work on the focal of my card. I used the Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set to stamp all the flowers and leaves. The flowers were stamped using the Altenew Red Cosmos inks. For the outermost layer, I decided to heat-emboss them using some gold embossing powder. I coloured the leaves using Hickory Smoke Distress ink. Once this was done, I fussy-cut all the images and popped them on some foam tape for dimension. I also added a tiny flower from the Altenew Vintage Flowers set. For the sentiment, I used the Altenew Sentiment & Quotes set which was also gold heat embossed. I added few Nuvo Drops in shades of pink to finish off my card!

I am playing along with Therese's Challenge from the month of August. I haven't worked with this colour combination before & was really happy to try it out.



That's it for today, I hope you like my card. I would love to hear your views on it!


Have a nice day everyone!

25 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Hussena! Love the hint of Stenciling😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love how soft and elegant it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Hussena... love the mild colours on the flowers on the stencilling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this stunning card!! The soft colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovey set of cards you have created. The first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness you have found your Mojo this is absolutely Stunning, gorgeous colors and arrangement of the flowers and I love the softness of the stenciling in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just drooling over your cards. They are beautiful! I must admit that I am partial to peonies, as they are such an opulent flower in real life. Working with them on cards is very easy too, as they have this natural beauty that just cries for one to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JUST GORGEOUS! Love this color and the gray is a great idea! Going to do this for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunningly beautiful! Thanks for joining us at with the Altenew Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolute stunner! I love the highlights of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really beautiful card, I love the soft colours and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. You have made pink and gray look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found your gorgeous card on Pinterest. Love the delicate stencilling beneath your focal point giving an idea of a trellis holding up the big beautiful blooms. Fab. Xx

    ReplyDelete